further adventures in my useless OKC profile…
Man things with a vintage, handmade, DIY, rustic and freaky edge. Resist acceleration. Live free or die trying.
#oldmenswearAsk me anything
"This ain’t no sissy knife…"
Michael Morris Friction Folder, crafted from an American-made file tempered down to around 58rc., cutting edge is from 1 3/4” to 2 1/4”.
own make this…
Source: AMictlan’s Etsy
Walking in the Grünewald forest outside Berlin today, we stumbled across Nico’s resting place in the “suicide’s graveyard”. I had no idea…
Urban homesteading in Detroit: Why I Bought A House In Detroit For $500 by Drew Philp
Tony Sylvester photographed by Rose Callahan for I am Dandy: The Return of the Elegant Gentleman
Post O’alls - Howlin’ - Levi’s Vintage Clothing
The Duke of Winsor’s handkerchief/pocket square collection (via Mister Crew)
Greetings to my new followers. I guess the 2800 notes in two days on that Thor Harris post were good for something ;-)
“When I was young there were beatniks. Hippies. Punks. Gangsters. Now you’re a hacktivist. Which I would probably be if I was 20. Shuttin’ down MasterCard. But there’s no look to that lifestyle! Besides just wearing a bad outfit with bad posture. Has WikiLeaks caused a look? No! I’m mad about that. If your kid comes out of the bedroom and says he just shut down the government, it seems to me he should at least have an outfit for that.”
"The price of life is death."
—“The Mount Everest Dispatches,” Alpine Journal, vol 36, no. 229 (November 1924)
Skull kimono scrap.
"like a good bruise"
How to live like a king for very little By THOR HARRIS
1. Don’t smoke cigarettes.
2. Drive old Japanese cars. Easy and cheap to fix & they run for fucking ever.
3. Buy most of your groceries from the produce section. Most of that other shit is not actually food. You don’t need it.
4. Ride your bike instead of driving as much as you can. You need the exercise and gas is expensive.
5. Don’t have kids. They’re not miracles, they’re people. 7 billion is too fucking many. Find some other way to give your dull existence some meaning. BTW they’re expensive.
6. Get your clothes from thrift stores. With the physique you’ll have from riding your bike, you’ll look hot wearing anything.
7. Learn to fix things. Tons of great books and youtube vids on fixing anything. Or ask an old dude. People used to fix things. No shit.
8. Learn a trade – Carpentry, plumbing, electrical, auto mechanics, tailoring, computer/electronics repair, something They can’t fucking outsource. No one gives a shit about your Masters in Dostoyevsky…. fix something, dumbass, fix something!
9. If you like booze, drink at home with your neighbors. Drunk driving is for assholes, rich ones with lawyers.
10. Do people favors. It’s called Cooperation. It’s how the world worked before money. They will return the favor, or someone will. No shit. This really works.
11. Make things – Look around you. What do you see? Yah, shitty stuff made by impoverished enslaved people far away. Pick anything. Make a better one. People want good shit. You won’t get rich, but you’ll get by.
12. If you live in America – don’t get sick and avoid injury. Wear your fucking helmet and put lights on your bike.
13. Find work you love. If you can’t do that, then find a job where you love the people.
14. Junkies and addicts are like toddlers. They just want to shit all over you and everything. The messes they make can get expensive. Avoid them if you can.
15. Don’t buy shit on credit, remember what happened to America? Cash only, fuckers. Can’t afford it? Don’t fucking buy it!
16. Preventable expenses - STD’s, abortions, DWI’s, lung cancer, head injuries, speeding tickets, cirrhosis of the liver.
17. Don’t go on fancy dates if you’re not fancy. Most people kind of despise the rich anyway.
18. When you go see shows, bring a flask in. That way you can afford to buy a record.
19. If you had told me 15 years ago that Coca Cola would put tap water in plastic bottles and motherfuckers would BUY IT …… No fuckin way.
20. Don’t get cable. Asshole. There is nothing on. I promise. $100 a month ? Fuck no!
This list was edited by Stacey Yates with contributions from Jherek Bishoff, Chad Raines & Amanda Palmer. We live in a wasteful society. Live well. It don’t take much. Really.
via monofonus press